Pottery and Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September

2 posters

Go down

Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September Empty Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September

Post by leejohnson Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi,
There is a Collector Items Beurs (Sales Exhibition?, not sure of a proper translation) in Kemzeke (Stekene), Belgium on the 22nd, 23rd of September from 10-18:00. All of those participating are members of Interbellum, a Belgium-centered group of enthusiasts of art between the 2 world wars. The sale has alot more, though, basically anything collectable from the 19th, 20th c.
Address:
Verbeke Foundation
Westakker BE 9190 Kemzek (Stekene)--close to Antwerp

I will be there one of the days, probably Saturday. Let me know if you'll be in the area, or need more information.
leejohnson
leejohnson

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September Empty Re: Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September

Post by Walewein Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 pm

so, did you attend the fair? I wanted to, but there was no time, I had to work. Was it a good one?
Walewein
Walewein
Founder Member
Founder Member

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September Empty Re: Collector Items Beurs 22, 23 September

Post by leejohnson Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I did but only on Saturday...there weren't that many people, although there was a steady stream. Sunday would have probably been better but I had to take my son to a chess match. Some people had really beautiful items on their stands, but the crowd seemed to expect flea-market prices (no, make that flea-egg prices!), so I can't imagine that they made much money. What I sold fell in the 10 euros or less category...
leejohnson
leejohnson

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Walewein Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank you. The problem is that I am a bit fed up with fleamarkets lately. It's always the same things and as far as antiques go, most vendors are really traditional (not to say old-fashioned) in their tastes. When I buy, it's retro stuff that I know I can sell on and make a few euros, but there has been little that I want to hold on to, and I don't like that. I'm a collector and I like beautiful objects, I'm not a sales person. So, I'm looking for markets or fairs where I can go a few times a year, invest a bit more, buy high-quality goods for my own collection and do a bit of networking. Basically beautiful objects at reasonable prices with private sellers. I thought that the Kemzeke fair would be a good starting point... Anyway, if you have more tips, let me know.
Walewein
Walewein
Founder Member
Founder Member

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down