Pottery and Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Holland Museum

Go down

North Holland Museum Empty North Holland Museum

Post by Madbrit 05.02.11 0:03

http://www.princessehof.nl/

The collection is centred around Eastern pottery from the Dutch East Indies period (16th, 17th, 18th century) China, Japan, Vietnam etc.
North Holland Museum Sam_3510 North Holland Museum Sam_3511 collectors were as potty then as they are now....
Secondly Jugendstil/Art nouveau
North Holland Museum Sam_3512 Rozenburg
Thirdly Modern Dutch pottery
North Holland Museum Sam_3612 Barbara Nanning 2005 Galaxy
and: and I like this very much: collectors collections. So they show collections of ceramic collectors, or parts of them, give them a place in the total concept. This yellow china for example is collected by a couple that decided their collection should have a signature, something that would make it immediately clear it was theirs. So they chose (after 20 years of collecting 'normal' china) the imperial yellow as their colour, very exclusive, very rare.
North Holland Museum Sam_3513
Then the museum has rebuild the studio of Jan van de Vaart, dutch pottery designer.
North Holland Museum Sam_3514 North Holland Museum Sam_3515
And last but not least I saw the pottery of 80 year old Armando, dutch artist, who has designed pots for the first time in his life. I was very settled on not going to like it, saw it as a marketing trick, but i liked it anyhow. It was presented like the chinese terracotta soldiers: at one side you could look down on them, then walk down and walk between these giant vases (1,50 m high)
North Holland Museum Sam_3610 North Holland Museum Sam_3611
I'll send some more tomorrow!
Madbrit
Madbrit

Number of posts : 22009
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down